Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Finn & Jake & Marceline

So I pre-ordered these Adventure Time Funko Pop Vinyl toys way back in January and after A LOT of impatient waiting they finally arrived last week.  First impression?  They are huge!  Not really but I was expecting them to be only slightly bigger than my 2 inch Domo figurines.  They are no where near that size.  Not that I am disappointed, just surprised.  

Although I love them all, Finn is my least favourite. While Jake and Marceline look exactly like their t.v. counterparts, Finn seems to be missing something.  I think it might be the fact that his head looks a bit strange.  Or not, I don't know...


Jake is fantastic.  Unlike the other two, Jake has no moveable parts but I love the pose they have chosen for him so I don't even mind.  He reminds me the most of his t.v. version!


And finally, Marceline.  She is my favourite Adventure Time character and my favourite of the three.  And the heaviest...I think it's her hair.  Anyway, she even has the little bite marks on her neck!  I am so glad they did the Marceline figure before they did PB.  Don't get me wrong, Bubblegum is great but Marceline appeals to me more and it's very seldom that my favourite characters get any favour! 


So there you have it!  Funko have announced a second Adventure Time collection that includes Princess Bubblegum, Lemongrab and BMO.  I am definitely pre-ordering BMO.  I think I am going to order LSP too...I am having a little bit of regret over the fact that I didn't include her in this pre-order.  

The quality of these toys makes me keen to order more of the Funko range.  They have an awesome Spongebob Squarepants series, some great Star Wars characters and an equally great set of Nightmare Before Christmas characters.  They are also behind the Domo x DC mashup!  

Do any of you guys have Funko toys?  What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment