Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Frankenweenie Unleashed

source

Last Friday I finally got a chance to watch Frankenweenie and it was every bit as quirky and cool as I was hoping.  For those of you who don't know, Frankenweenie is a stop motion, full lenght remake of a short film Tim Burton made in 1984.  It's the story of Victor and his dog Sparky and the lengths Victor goes to after Sparky dies.  It's sad and charming and bought a tear to my eye more than once.  Needless to say, it's also got tons of Frankenstein references.

One of my favourite parts of the movie (aside from Sparky) was the Karen O song in the credits.  Its called Strange Love and it's just the perfect ending for a movie like this.  A little investigation (aka googling) revealed that it's part of Frankenweenie Unleashed:  Music Inspired by the Motion Picture.  As the name suggests, it features various different artists (Robert Smith, Frank Iero and The Ramones to name a few) and songs inspired by the movie.  It's got a great track listing and it's definitely on my wish list.  In the meantime, I'll just keep playing Strange Love over in my head:


Have you seen the movie?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment