Thursday, January 23, 2014

Come Warm Your Cold Bones...New Music #6


Wow!  It's been more than six months since I last did a new music post!!  Here's what I am listening to right now:

The Flatliners - Dead Language
About a week ago, Jason was scrolling through one of those end of year music lists and The Flatliners popped up.  From the preview I could tell it might be something I'd like so I tracked down their latest album, Dead Language.  The Flatliners are a canadian punk band that have been around since 2002.  I'm not really sure who to compare them to but if you enjoy Alexisonfire they are probably worth a listen.  My favourite track so far is Tail Feathers:



Japandroids - Celebration Rock
I basically had this album on repeat for my last few weeks of work in 2013.  Initially I thought it sounded a bit samey but the more I listened to it, the more it grew on me.  Celebration Rock only has 9 tracks and sometimes feels a bit short but I think that's my only complaint!! My favourite track is The House that Heaven Built followed closely by Younger Us and Fire's Highway:



Middle Class Rut - Pick Up Your Head
This band is probably Jason's best music find in 2013, at least in my opinion.  Middle Class Rut only has two members which is pretty amazing considering how huge they sound.  This is another band that reminds me of Alexisonfire although in a completely different way.  My favourite track on the album is Pick Up Your Head. I find it particularly good for early morning traffic:



Violent Soho - Hungry Ghost
Violent Soho is an Australian band that reminds me  A LOT of Hundred Reasons.  I'm still deciding which track is my favourite so I'll leave you with the strongest contender so far, Dope Calypso:



Been listening to anything new and interesting?  Let me know in the comments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment