Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Tea Drawer

I drink too much coffee.  This is a fact.  Left to my own devices, I'll easily finish off 6 or 7 cups by bedtime.  There are a couple of reasons behind this, mostly because I love coffee and I need the caffeine to function before 10 am!  Also, working as a technical writer I don't have many excuses to leave my desk.  Once I have the information I need, it's a pretty solitary job.  Getting up to make a hot beverage becomes a great excuse to rest my eyes and get a change of scenery.  Anyway, in an effort to cut down on coffee, I started buying herbal teas.  I had to laugh this week when I opened my top drawer and found FIVE boxes of tea!  I had no idea that I had such a collection...

My tea drawer & the tea

My favourites are the Woolworths ones.  They are sweet enough to not add sugar and the packaging appeals to me.   My first choice is always the Cranberry, Apple and Cinnamon one.  Its amazingly yummy and the best part?  It's purple, like Gummi Berry juice!  You can't not love that.  Second choice is usually the Lipton Clear Green Mint.  Its the only way I can drink green tea, mostly because it doesn't taste like green tea at all.  And finally, the Vanilla Chai in the background... perfect for cooler weather, especially with lots of milk and warmed up in the microwave. 


Other flavours that I've tried and loved are the Raspberry and the Mango and Acai Berry.  I am always looking for new and unusual ones to try so if you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment