Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bridal Showers, Birthdays and Bands

Right now I am sitting on our shiny new couch, watching Marie Antoinette (which has a particularly good soundtrack) and recovering from a rather awesome weekend.
On Friday I took a days leave to hang out with my friend Collette and her fiance Steven.  They are such an awesome couple but because they live in Jo'burg, I don't see nearly enough of them.  Colli and I have known each other since school and I am so excited to be her Maid of Honour when they tie the knot next year:)  We surprised her with an early bridal shower on Saturday because she won't be back in our neck of the woods until the actual wedding.  The theme was Alice in Wonderland so I made her this super cool Mad Hatter's hat to wear for the afternoon:


It's amazing what you can do with polystyrene and tissue paper!  She was pleasantly surprised and I am rather proud of myself for pulling it off.  I am not a big party planner and I have never done a bridal shower before yesterday so yay for that!

From the bridal shower we headed off to Yossi’s in Davenport Road for her birthday dinner.  Yossi’s is an awesome Morrocan restaurant which my particular group of friends has a very long and happy history with!  I wish I had taken a photo of it but I had the most delicious Rose and Lime Mojito.  I've developed a liking for Rose flavoured things.  On Friday I had a Persian Rose Cordial which was really tasty and refreshing:


From dinner we headed to Live the Venue for the Lark album launch.  They are such a phenomenal band and to watch them live is an experience.  Inge Beckmann has a vocal range I would die for, if I could sing to start with.  The new album Gong is Struck is all kinds of awesome and I’ll do a post on it later in the week.  In the meantime, here is the link to their Myspace page.  I highly recommend checking them out!

And finally today I went out for unscheduled Wakaberry with my friend Shannon.  Her mom is a master of wool and, after admiring a pair of fingerless gloves she made for Shannon, today she surprised me with my own pair!  With little owls on them!!


And there you have it!  I hope your weekends have been just as great:)

No comments:

Post a Comment