First up, the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create eight new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eight people with a link to your post.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Next, my answers:
What's the best gift you've ever received?
This is a tough one so I will give you my top 3: the ring my mom and dad gave me when I turned 18, the tattoo voucher that Jason gave me which paid for my first big tattoo and finally, the double-bed quilt I got for my 21st birthday; handmade by my mom and paid for by my grandparents.
What book are you most looking forward to being released?
Oooh, I don't really know about this one. I'm really keen to read Salman Rushdie's memoir Joseph Anton and NW by Zadie Smith but both of those have already been released.
If you had the superpower that allowed you to shapeshift into an animal—but it could only be one animal—which animal would you choose?
It's funny because when I get asked this question, I always try to think of an animal that has little chance of being eaten in which case I'd have to choose a Great White Shark. Not a practical choice though because I'd have to be in water for it to work otherwise I'd just be a giant fish flapping about. More realistically then, it would probably be a bird of some sort.
What cancelled TV show would you most like to see rebooted?
I'd LOVE to see Invader Zim make a comeback at some point. One of my favourite cartoons ever!
What's your dream vehicle?
Maybe I am aiming too low here but right now my dream vehicle is a powder blue Citroen DS3. There is one parked just down the road from us and I drool over it every morning...
Would you rather travel forward in time or backward?
Definitely forward. When I was small we used to watch a show called Beyond 2000 which was full of flying cars, robots and other futuristic goodness. I'd like to see that stuff in real life!
What is your favorite shape or pattern?
Do skulls count? In which case it's definitely skulls followed closely by anchors, stripes and damask.
If you could trade places for one week with a famous (or quasi-famous) person, who would you choose and why?
Another tough one but I'd probably pick Christiane Amanpour. Back when I was obsessed with the idea of becoming a war correspondent she was my idol and, although that life doesn't interest me anymore, it would still be cool to try it out for a week.
And now, my 8 questions:
1. What is the one book you could read over and over again?
2. Which season is your favourite and why?
3. If you could pick only one place (anywhere in the world) to live for the rest of your life, where would it be?
4. In a fight between Darth Vader and Magneto, who do you think would win?
5. Who is your favourite Adventure Time character? If you don't watch Adventure Time, who is your favourite animated character?
6. Which band would you most like to see live?
7. What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
8. Who is your favourite villian? Movie, comic book or tv?
Now the thing is, I don't actually know 8 bloggers so I tag Peppa-Jo and anyone else who might be interested to play along. Enjoy!