Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Currently...

Reluctant gym feet and a hamster nap..

I really enjoy the Currently posts over at Sometimes Sweet and, seeing I am about to be another year older, I thought I'd share where I'm at.

Watching:  Deadliest Catch.  This is one of my all-time favourite reality shows and I was over the moon on Monday evening when I saw that the new season had started.  I am really sad to see that the Cornelia Marie isn't involved this season but I am glad to see that the Harris brothers are still crabbing on other boats.  Also, last season Edgar from the North Western left but guess what?  He is back!  

Listening to:  The new Bloc Party album.  Really, really enjoying it.  Right now my favourite song is We're Not Good People.  I have also been listening to the Carnavas album by Silversun Pickups.  I have such strong memories of summer 2007 tied to this album and always find myself listening to it when the weather warms up.

Thinking about:  Sadly right now I am thinking about work tomorrow.  I have so much on my plate at the moment and tomorrow is technically my Friday.  I am busy formulating a plan of attack to get through as much as I possibly can.   

Trying to figure out:  How to get myself out of the rut that I feel like I am in.  I feel frustrated about a lot at the moment and I am trying (still) to work out what is petty, what is justified and what I need to change.  I'll get there.

Looking forward to:  My birthday.  I know I keep mentioning it but I still look forward to my birthday like I did when I was teeny.  Only two more sleeps!

Reading:  Slaughterhouse 5.  At long, long last I have managed to find a copy of this book that doesn't cost a fortune.  One thing that makes me sad about book shops in Durban is the fact they don't keep much more than the most popular reads in stock.  Anyway, that's beside the point.  I am really enjoying Slaughterhouse 5.

Making me happy:  The sound of the rain outside, the fact that tonight was Big Bang Theory night and the cup of coffee on the counter next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment