Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rolo, Rolo and Some More Rolo...


**Every week this month, I am going to attempt to post some kind of review/recap of this year, starting with Rolo because who doesn't need some extra cuteness in their lives??

All my life I've had pets.  Big ones, small ones, giant ones.  I grew up with a Great Dane called Kelly who tripped my dad, broke his boat and watched my food for me while I toddled around.  I had a cat called Tiger who was bad tempered beyond belief and only loved you on his terms.  I've had goldfish and hamsters that I thought were girls and who turned out to be boys.  I had three amazing dogs who put up with me styling their hair, crying into their fur and trying to coax them into the pool to swim with me...I still miss them!  I've had birds called Woodstock and Murphy and Tidbit who all ended up flying away somehow or another.  Most recently, I have had rodents - Sullivan and Stinky the mice and now Rolo the hamster.  It's amazing how much personality such a small little creature can have.  He is a toast addict who begs for food so often you'd think we never feed him.  He rolls over all the time, falls off his slide and likes to keep toilet paper in his food pouches for reasons I will never understand.  He is my substitute dog and in January he will be a year old.  Every time I swear not to get another pet because of the heartbreak of losing them, I remember the difference it makes to have another little life in the house and I get sucked in all over again:)  Anyway, enough with the rambling, here are some pics of Rolo from this year:

In the beginning..
In the toilet roll...
Munching...
Begging...
Snoozing...

And that is pretty much how he spends his day!  The luck of some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment