Sunday, December 2, 2012

Things I Love #22


I'm baaaaaack!  And guess what? This is my 100th post which I think is pretty awesome actually.  I am feeling a little more inspired after my unofficial break so things should be back to normal around here this week.  I have two 5 Books updates in store and a couple of other cool things to round out the year.  Plus Bye Bye Blackbird turns one next week Friday.  Yay!  Anyway, enough rambling and on to random internet (and real-life) goodness:

I'm pretty much in love with everything in the Twinklebird Etsy store.  My very favourites are the Ursa Major/Big Dipper necklace and the light blue Confetti Ring.  Stunning!

These illustrations by Roby Dwi Antono are absolutely stunning.  My favourites are under the title KINCY'S STORY.

I would absolutely LOVE to go to the International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.  Just look how gorgeous these pics are:


source
Can a Jellyfish Unlock the Secret of Immortality?  Super interesting read from the New York Times.  I can't even believe that something like this exists...amazing!

Positive Thinking is for Suckers!  If you are anything like me, the minute someone says don't think about something, it's all I can think of which is what makes the idea behind this article so interesting!

I nearly fell off of my chair in excitement when I saw that there is a range of Funko Pop Adventure Time figurines!  Alas, they are only available next year sometime and I can't find anywhere to pre-order them just yet...

source
I love this Hipster Literature flow chart from Good Reads.  I haven't read Infinite Jest so I figure if I am going to get any book suggestions out of it, I better start there;)

Feeling low today?  Need a little pick-me up?  Try the Emergency Compliment website.  So much fun!!

I have mentioned my love for paper toys before but now there is a website where you can basically create a mini paper version of yourself!!  It's called Foldable Me and allows you to create your mini-me and then for $11.99 they will ship it to you!

I was playing around with nail polish again this week and painted myself some candy nails!  Not particularly neat or original but I like them:


This Batman hotel suite is pretty amazing.  One day I will stay in it.  One day.

All The Wild Horses is an amazing collection of horse photos by a Durban-based photographer called Andrew McGibbon.  Some of them are quite breathtaking!  

We had our work Christmas party on Friday and the theme was Pirates of the Caribbean.  They did such a fantastic job with the decor!!  I wish I could've taken these two pieces home:


Llama font lets you say it in llama, literally.  Type your text in the box and there you go.  I am pretty much in love with this!!

These Balloon Lamps are really fantastic!  Simple and quirky and perfect!

Anchors Up are a local band made up of members of Fire Through The Window and Wrestlerish.  Its a little bit country but actually surprisingly cool.  You can listen to/purchase the album here.

And finally, here is a video of Queen's Brian May performing on stage with My Chemical Romance.  Awesome.


Seen anything you love recently?  Feel free to share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment