So this year I have decided on 10 books rather than 5. Why? Because I read a lot more than 5 books last year and it doesn't hurt to plan for more. Also, I find that if I have some sort of plan, I spend less time re-reading or just reading plain nonsense! As part of this, I am making a real effort to keep my Goodreads profile up to date. You can follow along here should you feel so inclined. Now, onto the books:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
- Moby Dick - Herman Mellville
- Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk - Legs McNeil
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
- South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami
- More Baths, Less Talking - Nick Hornby
- Less than Zero - Brett Easton Ellis
- N.W - Zadie Smith
- Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
I have already made a serious dent in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy so expect some feedback soon. On a side note, I was reading an interview with Art Garfunkel in our local Rolling Stone the other day - do you know that he shelves his books in the order that he reads them? And he keeps a running catalogue on his website. I would like to be like that please.
What's on your reading list for 2013?