Friday, January 11, 2013

Things To Look Forward To In 2013

There is a whole lot happening this year that I am really, really excited about so I thought I would let you in on a few:

Studying:  In October last year I applied to do my Honours in English part-time.  There has been a bit of a bugger up with my application so I am really hoping this is still an option for me this year.  Please keep your fingers crossed!


New Biffy Clyro:  If you haven't heard Biffy Clyro yet, you need to go and listen to them immediately!  I recommend starting with The Captain off of Only Revolutions.  They have a new album called Opposites due out this month and I am really looking forward to hearing it!  Here's the first single, Black Chandelier:


Colli's Wedding:  One of my bestest bests is getting married in March to an awesome guy and I get to be her Maid of Honour.  I am so excited to be able to share in their happiness and to catch up with old friends.

Rise Against and RAMfest:  You guys must be so tired of hearing me go on about this but I couldn't be more excited about the fact that Rise Against are actually playing in my city and we already have tickets for it!  Just thinking about it makes me want to play every album I own and jump around our flat!!

Adventure Time Funko Pop Vinyl:  I have mentioned these before but I am still desperately awaiting a release date or an option to pre-order the awesome Funko Pop Adventure Time figurines.  I neeeeeeed Marceline in my life.

source

The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys:  My Chemical Romance is my favourite band of all time.  Really, all the rest are a distant second to these guys.  Anyway, in 2010 they released an album called Danger Days:  The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.  The comic book tie-in for this album is a collaboration between Gerard Way, Shaun Simon and Becky Cloonan and it's finally being released in June this year!  Seriously, if anyone can get me a copy of the preview that will be released on Free Comic Book day, I would be the happiest person ever!  Check out this interview with Gerard Way to get a sneak peak at the artwork.  Also awesome?  The fact that he is currently writing the third Umbrella Academy installment.  Happy days!!

Turning 30:  This is a weird one because I always thought I would have major issues with turing 30 but as it stands right now, I am kind of looking forward to it.  Time will tell whether it becomes an issue closer to the time but I really hope it doesn't.  Everyone says that when you turn 30 you care less about the little stuff, you become more comfortable with yourself etcetera, etcetera.  While I don't assume these things just happen magically over night, anything that makes me less anxious about everything is a good thing!


What are you looking forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment