Sunday, March 10, 2013

Things I Love #28


This week's Things I Love is an autopost because right now we are somewhere between Berg and Durban on our way home from Collette's wedding.  I am sure I will have plenty to say about that in another post so I am just going to jump straight into this week's list:

First up, have you seen Amanda Fucking Palmer's TED talk on the Art of Asking.  While she is specifically talking about the music industry she makes some pretty interesting and universally relevant points:


I would absolutely LOVE to own this Star Wars x Adventure Time poster.  It is all kinds of perfection.

Another awesome Etsy find?  These bird skull earrings.  I saw the on The Dainty Squid blog and now I can't stop thinking about them.  


These macro photos of starfish just blow me away.  Sometimes nature is so much more stunning than we can imagine.

The Mugs of Pugs tumblr is my new favourite site.  So many pugs!!

Star Wars characters as vegetables.  This made my day when I saw it.

This LEGO coffee mug from Think Geek would make my morning coffee so much more exciting.  Plus it would provide endless diversions in boring meetings.

Right now I am coveting this jacket and this polka dot top from Mr Price.

And while we are on the topic of clothing stores, I had a good look around Cotton On in Pavillion on Saturday and I suspect it might become my new favourite store - reasonably priced and tons of pretty things.  

I have always wanted to visit Iceland.  Everything about it looks so dramatic and these amazing aerial photos are no different.  

I really enjoyed this Salon article about writing.  I love the Robert Frost quote at the beginning "...a momentary stay against confusion."

We've been completely overwhelmed with coverage about the shooting of Reeva Steenkamp but I found this Times article uncomfortably accurate.  Definitely something to think about.  

On a lighter note, here are two new blogs that I am enjoying: Glitzy Geek Girl and Fashion Tips from Comic Strips.  Anyone have any other recommendations for me?

This is my current iPhone case.  I love it with all my heart:


And last but not least, I started a Facebook page for Bye Bye Blackbird.  Check it out and like it if you like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment