Sunday, April 7, 2013

Things I Love #30


Wow, I have been a terrible blogger this week.  After we got home from Splashy last weekend, I spent so much time fussing and procrastinating over my essay that I totally forgot to blog!!  Anyway, I am back, my essay is almost finished and I have the 30th edition of things I love ready for your consumption.  Enjoy:)

Does Pop Culture Have a Responsibility to Educate?  An interesting read from xojane.  What do you think?

Here is a much better Rise Against Interview from MK Ondergrond:


Check out this amazing paper art by industrial designer Irving Harper.  I like the owl the best.

So, as you know, My Chemical Romance have broken up:(  Gerard Way and Frank Iero have both released letters with their take on things. You can find Gerard's here and Frank's here.

I love this Afro Lion series by Japanese artist Mountstar.  Some of them look so distinguished!

In a delayed celebration of Easter, here are 10 creepy pop culture bunnies.  Some of them are very disturbing!!

On a related note, how creepy are these real life Easter bunny photos?  I shudder...

Here's an interesting Salon article about naming your novel.  Or rather what happens when you have to change the name of your novel.

And, on the subject of book names, here's a list of rejected titles for classic novels.  I am so glad F. Scott Fitzgerald came to his senses and went with The Great Gatsby!!

This collection of awful library books makes me wonder.  How did these guys get a publisher??

The Dog Booth app lets you have your very own puppy face.  Cute!

Oh my gosh!  There is such a thing as chocolate wine!!  I can't think of anything more perfect.

I just love these pop culture mice sculptures by Quernus Crafts.  The little Harry Potter ones are adorable!!

Look at these magical floating faucet fountains.  I think this is an awesome idea.

And lastly, here is the video for the new Alkaline Trio single I Wanna Be A Warhol:


Found anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment