Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Currently...


Feeling:  A little overwhelmed actually.  When I first started my honours they told us how, around the time of the first essay, things get a little intense.  You are reading to keep up and reading for an essay and there is just so much reading.  I didn't believe them at the time but boy, were they right!  In my mind I have Dory's Just Keep Swimming playing except I have replaced swimming with reading!!

Watching:  Old James Bond movies.  James Bond is one of my very favourite characters.  Sean Connery is my ideal Bond and Daniel Craig is my worst.  What about you?

Reading:  A lot!  Right now I am finishing off By The Sea by Abdulrazak Gurnah and I am about to start The Exploded View by Ivan Vladislavic.  I am also rereading parts of The Unbearable Lightness of Being for my essay.  I am wondering what all this extra reading will mean for my 10 Books this year...will I even have the time?

Thinking About:  This is a tough one to answer.  One thing that I really appreciate about studying again is that it's got me thinking about all sorts of things that I usually gloss over - the language in a book, the politics in an article or the references in a movie.  Sometimes it means I over think things but mostly it's just opening my eyes that little bit more to the world around me.

Eating:  Toooo much junk food.  Really, all the holidays and events of the past month have done a number on my diet.  Time to start eating better ad taking care of myself again.

Looking Forward Too:  Jason and I have tickets to The Rise of The Insanity League on Friday night.  I haven't been to the theatre in awhile and I've heard some very good things about this show.  I'll let you guys know what it's like.  Also, the Russian Ballet will be here in June!!  I've missed them the last two times they were out but I am going this time come hell or high water!

Making Me Happy:  Cooler weather, Rum and Raisin chocolate, finding a place with a Monday Macaroon special, watching Jason on stage again and making new friends.

These Currently posts are inspired by the ones over at Sometimes Sweet.  You can see her latest one here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment