Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Currently...

new tights, happy hamster, angry birds awesomeness

Reading:  By The Sea by Abdulrazak Gurnah.  This is one of my varsity books and I'm planning on writing my second essay on it so I am busy rereading it in light of the essay topic.  I am also reading copious amount of articles on diasporic literature.  Don't you wish you were me?  Kidding!  Despite the fact that everything is coming to a head in June, I am still loving this course and I appreciate the variety of stories I've been exposed to.  In between all of that I am trying to read for my own enjoyment too.  I have just finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I LOVED it.  Look out for a 10 Books Update soon!!

Wondering:  I feel like I may have said this before but I've been thinking a lot about growing up just recently.  I think it's a combination of turning 30 in October and the fact that things are really starting to happen for my folks in terms of their move.  I feel simultaneously too old to be dealing with some of the nonsense that I am and too young to be dealing with other things.  Like why do people keep asking us to have kids?  Surely I am not old enough to even think about kids...except that I am.  Anyway, the point of this little ramble is that growing up is strange.

Feeling thankful for:  I apologise in advance for the mush but what I am really thankful for at the moment is Jason.  I am thankful for the fact that he does all the cooking, that he gives really good and level-headed advice and that he puts up with me when I am being very, very difficult!

Watching:  The Walking Dead!  When it comes to series, I am a very late adopter!!  It took me about 5 seasons to catch onto The Big Bang Theory and almost equally as long to get to The Walking Dead.  Last night we watched the first episode of the second series and the ending!  Oh. My. Gosh.  I cannot believe that I have to wait until next Friday to see what happens!!

Working on:  My patience and getting out of my comfort zone.  I won't get onto why I'm working on my patience here but I can tell you about getting out of my comfort zone.  My friend is part of a local roller derby league here in Durban and she has been inviting me to their practices for the longest time.  Thing is, I am really awkward when it comes to meeting new people and I am very far from athletic (aka I am clumsy to the extreme).  Anyway, last week Thursday I thought to hell with it and when to a derby fitness thing and it was awesome.  I nearly died but it was awesome.  I am going back on Thursday and hopefully getting onto skates.  I'll let you know how that goes!

Loving:  The cooler weather and the fact that I can wear tights (see above), Tumbles with raisins, reaching 100 workouts at gym, finding the perfect blue jeans,  getting to know some awesome new people and the fact that the salon I go to has a resident Dalmatian called Jeffery.  

These Currently posts are inspired by the ones over at Sometimes Sweet.  You can see the latest one here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment