Sunday, May 26, 2013

Things I Love #37


Well, we have reached the last Sunday in May.  This weekend has felt far too short in comparison to the awfully long and busy week I had last week.  I honestly think I would be more productive if we had 3 day weekends.  I'd be a lot more rested for one thing!  Anyway, here's what I managed to find this week in amongst the chaos:

One thing I don't have in my toy collection is a Dunny *shock horror*  Anyway, I really like the look of the sideshow themed Dunny 2013 Collection.  I would be legitimately happy to have any of them:)

source
How adorable are these made to order Sloth Rings by Curious Burrows on Etsy?  I am absolutely in love with this idea!  Actually, I am absolutely in love with the whole shop!

Here are some unlikely cross-overs between Japanese and American pop culture including kawaii Batman and Wolverine is a dress!

LEGO Voldemort goes wand shopping...this lego stop motion made me laugh:


I want both of these Hidden Pencil Notebooks from the MoMA Store.  Also, the Tim Burton playing cards...they look like the characters from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy.

I wish Facebook would take Jaime Calderon's cue and develop some Superhero Like Buttons.  I think I like The Flash the most.

MILK:  What will you make of me? is an absolutely stunning photographic collaboration between Alexa Mead and Sheila Vand.  I won't even attempt a description, go and have a look!

While we're on the subject of photo series, check out Ghosts of War by Dutch historian Jo Hedwig Teeuwisse.  She blends modern day pics with photos from World War II and the result is haunting to say the least.

I recently discovered the Furry Bones series and I cannot believe I didn't know about them sooner!!  They are basically perfect for me.  It goes without saying that I want them all but I will settle for Flappy and Black Bun-Bun:


Things on Hazel's Head is a tumblr full of things on Hazel the corgi's head.  Guaranteed to make you smile! 

30 Indispensable Writing Tips from Famous Authors.  I think I am going to print out the Ray Bradbury one and stick it on my wall.

Bottom Feeders is an amazing collection by ceramic artist Mary O' Malley.  It features cup, teapots and pitchers covered with barnacles and other undersea creatures.

And finally, how great are these photos of abandoned Star Wars sets?  If I could find these, I would totally make it my mission to visit.

Seen anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment