Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Hurry and The Harm....New Music #5



I can't get over how much good new music there is lately.  Here's is whats new on my horizons:

Alkaline Trio - My Shame is True

My Shame is True is Alkaline Trio's eight studio album and was released in April already.  I was very slow to get a copy of it though because, well, life and stuff.  Anyway, Alkaline Trio are one of those bands I just keep going back to.  Even when I think I might have outgrown them.  I was lucky enough to see them in Durban in 2011 and got a signed shirt for my troubles...yay me!  Anyhoo, I'm a big fan of the single from this album I Wanna Be A Warhol but the song I really like is I, Pessimist.  It features Tim McIlrath from Rise Against so it's basically AWESOME. Take a listen:



The National - Trouble Will Find Me

I think that the two things I like the most about The National are the lyrics (they are strange) and Matt Berninger's vocals.  Trouble Will Find Me is not my favourite album but I do think that I need to listen to it a few more times before I make a final pronunciations.  So far the jury is still out on which song is my favourite but in the meantime, here is the single, Demons:



City and Colour - The Hurry and The Harm

Oh Dallas Green, how do you do it??  The Hurry and The Harm (I LOVE this name) is Dallas Green's new album from his solo venture City and Colour.  I suppose that since Alexisonfire is no more, calling City and Colour his solo venture may be a bit misleading because it's his only venture?  I don't know.  Anyway, while City and Colour is wildly different from Alexisonfire, it is still the same amazing voice just with a much more mellow, stripped down kind of sound.  My favourite track on the album is undoubtly The Hurry and The Harm both for the music and the sentiment



Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

Words cannot describe how cool the album is!!  ...Like Clockwork is Queens of the Stone Age's sixth studio album and my favourite since Songs for the Deaf.  The imagery surrounding this album is very cool...almost post-apocalyptic and there is a rumour that the animation might be turned into a full-length movie.  My favourite track on the album is If I Had A Tail.  I also like Fairweather Friend which features Elton John who apparently volunteered as an "actual queen."  Fabulous!!  Anyway, the clip below is basically a taster of the whole album and includes the above-mentioned animations:



If you listen to or have listened to any of the albums let me know what you think:)

No comments:

Post a Comment