Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Currently...

Grumpy hammy, Saturday's sunset, gratuitous selfie
Reading:  Maria, or The Wrongs of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft which is exactly as thrilling as it sounds.  It's one of my set works this semester and the first book that I am reading on my shiny, new Kindle.  It's not an easy read by any stretch of the imagination but the novelty of the Kindle is definitely helping me get through it.

Listening to:  For the last few days my iPod has been playing the most awesome playlists on shuffle.  Usually I skip constantly, even past tracks I love because I am impatient and hoping to come across something that suits my mood.  Since Thursday though, my iPod has been serving up the best playlists, the kind I don't even have to skip once through.  They are the perfect combination of upbeat and heavy and they are making my drive to work that much easier to deal with.

Thinking:  I've been thinking a lot about friendships these days; how they come about, how they change as you change, how to fix them if they are not quite right and when to let go.  I know that I often let life get in the way which means I am not always the greatest friend but I am also realising that some things have nothing to do with me and there is little I can do to change that.  Not too sure where I am going with this but there you go...  

Enjoying:  Roller Derby!!!  It's amazing exercise, I am meeting new people and I learning that I am capable of more than I expected.  Because of changes to the WFTDA minimum skills requirements, I am redoing the new and improved Fresh Meat program which I am kind of happy about. I am still really new to skating so it's an opportunity to build my confidence more before we get to the competitive side. I am thinking about keeping track of my progress on the blog but I will see how it goes.

Watching:  Happy Endings and Under the Dome.  Happy Endings follows the lives of six friends in Chicago and is our current sitcom of choice.  The characters are awesome and all of them are a little odd.  It makes me wish for a friend group just like that!!  We're only on episode two of Under the Dome and I am not sure what to make of it just yet.  It's escalated quickly and if nothing else, I'll be watching just to see what happens!!  Anyone else watched this yet?  Is it worth pursuing?  

Loving:  Peanut M&M's, the fact that it is getting lighter a bit earlier and darker a bit later, The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, phone conversations with my friend Collette, finally reading Sandman (I know!!!!) and my new Led Zeppelin t-shirt.

This post is inspired by the ones over at Sometimes Sweet.  You can check out the latest one here.

2 comments:

  1. Roller Derby looks amazing! I'm glad you're enjoying it, it seems like great fun! I bought a bag of peanut M&Ms at the weekend, and polished it off in 30 mins. So, so moreish! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great fun, I highly recommend it:)
      The only thing I love more that the peanut M&Ms are the peanut butter ones...yum! Sadly they are very scarce in my part of the world!

      Delete