Sunday, August 18, 2013

Things I Love #47


Happy Sunday everyone.  Its been a very quiet weekend in these parts.  I have a ton of reading to do and an essay to write so I've been desk bound.  That said, procrastination is great for finding additions to today's list of things I love:

Journalism is not narcissism.  An interesting read from Gawker about the line between journalism and confessionals.


I found this list while looking for a quote this week.  It made me laugh.

23 Things everyone believes that have been disproven by Mythbusters.  I love the Mythbusters.

Continuing with the list theme, here are 15 things you probably didn't know about Wolverine.

Dogs dressed as crustaceans is all kinds of cute.  Sorry future-dog, you will have at least one of these outfits...

A trailer for The Wind Rises with English subtitles:

 

What if Disney Princesses had Instagram?  B for Bel has created some awesome mock-ups.

The Power Trip is a super interesting essay about how people in power often betray the very values that get them there.

Rocksound has some pictures of Deftones in Cape Town.  I wish I had been at this show...

Google Poetics creates poetry out of Google's auto-complete suggestions.

Did you know that you can get a Pirate Certificate from MIT??  Just fulfill the physical education requirements by taking sailing, archery, fencing and pistol shooting.

Last weekend, three different people sent me pictures of skateboarding mice.  I found out later that it's an actual thing!!  I also found out that my friends know me really well:)

How adorable is this http://dailybunny.org/2013/08/12/determined-bunny-will-free-this-leaf-from-the-parsley/Daily Bunny?  I get this in my inbox every day and I couldn't recommend it more:

source
Check out this awesome PANTONE - Rain edition on Behance.

Lastly, here are some awesome My Neighbor Totoro mashups - Guillermo Del Totoro and the Grumpy Catbus.  Awesome.

Seen anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments:)

4 comments:

  1. I love Mythbusters and I love Wolverine, but mostly I love dogs in costumes and fluffy bunnies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, those are some of my favourite things in the world:)

      Delete
  2. That bunny is awesome! I want one!!!

    ReplyDelete