Sunday, September 8, 2013

Things I Love #50


Happy Sunday!  It's a beautiful warm morning here in Durban which is a sure sign that Summer is coming.  I'm kind of looking forward to this week actually. My essay is due on Tuesday which means it'll finally be off my back and work is shaping up to be quite an interesting week too.  Good interesting I think.  Also, Thursday will be exactly one month to my birthday!  Yay!!

I am going to start with something serious this week.  If you live in Durban, you would've heard about Thursday's horrific truck accident on the M13.  This is an intersection I use daily and I've seen just how badly the trucks drive in this area.  Please check out the Ban Trucks on the M13 Facebook page and sign the petition.  It's time they do something about this.

Take a trip back in time with Old Punk Flyers, my new favourite Tumblr.

Animation Master Hayao Miyazaki Retires from Feature Filmmaking.  Now this is not news I love at all but it's news all the same...sigh...

source
Now, to make yourself feel more cheerful, check out these Miyazaki reaction gifs.

If they were real, I would buy every single one of these Monty Python and the Holy Grail Lego sets.

Haruki Murakami is releasing a short story called Samsa where the main character wakes up as Gregor Samsa, the protagonist from Kafka's Metamorphosis.

And, Murakami is currently the favourite to take home this year's Nobel Prize for Literature.  Yay!

I just love this Dancers Among Us photo series by Jordan Matter.  The photos are graceful and in some cases, hilarious.  Look out for the guy in the shower.

How adorable is the BMO knit craft special from We Love Fine?  Must. Have.

Okay, this is a very long and a very academic read BUT it basically says that our yawns are not only contagious to other humans but also our dogs!  Cute!!

Here is a first look review of Salinger, the JD Salinger documentary that I only heard abut yesterday!!  There seems to be a fair amount of negativity around it but I remain undecided.

Angry Birds turned into Angry Brands.  This made me laugh.

Here are some amazing Muppet/Superhero mashups from Comic Book Resources.  My favourite is Animal as Wolverine.

And speaking of mashups, here are the X-Men drawn as Star Wars characters.

Also, how cool is Grumpy Ratchet?

source
And finally, the AV Club has an awesome series called Gateway to Geekery that provides entry points to different fandoms.  Here is their articles on the music genres of my youth Emo and Screamo.

Seen anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment