Sunday, September 22, 2013

Things I Love #52


It's a long weekend in these parts and it couldn't have come at a better time.  I can't tell you guys how awesome it feels knowing that I don't have to get up tomorrow morning and face traffic and work and, and, and...want to know what else is awesome?  The fact that I got my very first birthday present this weekend.  My friend Collette sent my gift down to Durban with her sister AND gave me permission to open it straight away.  She knows me too well, there is no way on earth I would've been able to wait until my actual birthday!!  I got a Darth Vader Torch, a Spongebob t-shirt and a 30th badge which I apparently have to wear on my actual birthday...thanks Chicken, you're the best!


How cool are these snack-inspired beanbags?  I love the pancake ones and the ice-cream cone!


Feeling down?  This website of a pug liking your screen will definitely cheer you up.

Bloody Mary Metal makes some super cool, edgy jewelry.  I'd love this, this and this.

I want every single one of these Adventure Time Halloween costumes.  

source

I also want Halloween to be a bigger holiday here in South Africa...a girl can dream...

How great are these superhero quilts?  I think my mom might have a new project on her hands!

Grumpy Cat and Boo cake pops...these are so cute!!

Cookie Monster spoofs Hollywood movies:



Also, here is how to Cookie Monsterify your website.

If you're looking for a way to get into the Discworld novels, check out AV Clubs Gateway to Geekery on Terry Pratchet.

DeviantART user Rawlsy has created some awesome images of DC and Marvel characters called Little Friends.  Definitely worth checking out!!

Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen on top of the Empire State Building.  Can I also just say that I can't think of two better actors to perform Waiting for Godot!!

Creepy but awesome Totoro art.  I must admit, I kind of like this.

Life-size dinosaur models?  Yes please!!

And lastly, the Jacarandas are starting to bloom all over Durban!!  So pretty:


Seen anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments:)

4 comments:

  1. I love the Batman quilt! He looks so bored...ho hum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an awesome Grumpy Cat book at Book Boutique, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete