Friday, February 10, 2012

Skycar! At Long Last...


Last week Saturday my friend Sam and I boarded the skycar at Moses Mabhida stadium and headed to get an eyeful of Durban.  If you know me well, you will know two things: first, that I am a big fan of the stadium.  I think it’s a beautiful structure, the arch is amazing and, as an added bonus, it reminds me of the FIFA 2010 World Cup which was tons of fun.  Second, I have been dying to take the skycar trip since the minute I saw it.  Why it’s taken me so long to get around to it, I just don’t know.  Anyway, I started snapping pics from the minute we joined the queue (which consisted of Sam and I! Ha!) and I thought I’d share them here, starting with the trip up:


On the viewing deck:


The view:


The trip down:


And lastly, the man the stadium is named after, Moses Mabhida:


The skycar trip is oly R 55 for adults which makes it slightly more expensive than the Stadium Tour and cheaper than the Adventure Walk (clearly for the super fit and slightly cooked).  Next on my stadium agenda?  The Big Swing.  Check out more about the stadium and prices and technical stuff here.

No comments:

Post a Comment