Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Paper Monsters

Confession: I probably have too many games on my phone and, I spend more time on those games than I do on the PS3.  One of my favourites is a game called Paper Monsters.


Jason got me this game because, not so long ago, I went through a paper toy phase.  I must have made about 50 and filled my desk at work and all available shelf space at home.  The little character in this game looks similar to some of the paper toys I used to make.  

Paper Monsters is a pretty straightforward adventure game that kind of reminds me of old school Super Mario Brothers.  Basically, you are wandering through a paper world, collecting buttons and paper clips and fighting a boss at the end of each level.  This is all in aid of rescuing your paper friends from various paper dragons.  Its also super cute and that’s what got me hooked!

Here are some screenshots so you can see what I mean:







There are 4 different levels each made up of four stages.  Plus there are two bonus games:  the Drag ‘n Dash where you play as a little paper dragon and the Heartbreak Shakedown which was an add on for Valentines day.  You can also customise your character by paying for outfits using the buttons you collect.  It’s a pretty cool game.  Not too challenging but a great way to kill time while you are waiting for someone or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment