Friday, June 29, 2012

Fail Harder

Back in March or April I watched a movie called Art and Copy.  Its about the advertising world and it's incredibly interesting.  I'd recommend watching it.  Anyway, at one point, David Kennedy of Wieden+Kennedy takes the camera on a tour of the Portland office where we get a glimpse of this:

source
It reads Fail Harder and it's made entirely using clear push-pins.  Over 100 000 apparently.  It took students from the Wieden+Kennedy advertising school 351 hours to put together.

source

source


I read that the idea behind this piece of office art is to remind people how important failure is in the creative process.  It's an interesting and inspiring reminder that sometimes you have to fail to get to where you want to be.  That failure isn't always a bad thing but something that you can learn and grow from.  That's a pretty good reminder if you ask me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful, and I love the discrepancy of putting so many people and hours into a work that addresses failure. I kind of adore it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I hadn't looked at it that way before...makes me love it even more:)

      Delete