Sunday, August 19, 2012

Currently...

Kind of a current photo with my friend Collette after her bridal shower
This is my very own currently post inspired by the ones over at Sometimes Sweet.  I really like the idea and I think it may even become a regular occurrence around here.

Loving:  The slightly warmer weather this past week.  Last week, we had crazy rain and snow really close to Durban which is really unusual!  While Durban Winter is never very cold, I am glad that it's starting to warm up so that I can wear something other than a scarf and a coat with my skinny jeans!

Reading:  One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.  It's one of my favourite books by one of my favourite authors who will sadly never write again.  When I read that he was suffering from dementia and probably wouldn't even be able to finish his memoir, I got the overwhelming urge to read this story again.

Watching:  The Big Bang Theory.  I still can’t believe it took so long for us to start watching this series.  I absolutely love it!  Dr Sheldon Cooper is definitely my favourite although how Leonard lives with him I will never know.

Thinking About:  Many, many things but mostly about the fact that in less than a month, my parents will be moving out of the home I grew up in and onto bigger and better things.  It's a strange feeling because even though my parents have been planning on selling for a long time now, it's suddenly become very real.  Every time I visit I get this overwhelming sense of nostalgia and I can't help remembering all sorts of random things about the house and the things that have happened there.  

Anticipating: My new tattoo.  Back when I started gym, I made a deal with my lazy, lazy self that if I went to gym regularly I could get a new tattoo. Nothing like self bribery to get you motivated right?  Anyway, the time has come to book an appointment.  I can't wait!!

Wishing:  That I wasn't feeling sickly on a Sunday afternoon when I know that I have such a busy week ahead of me!  As much as I'd love to go to the doctor and get booked off, I have so many meetings, a deadline and a presentation to do...boo:(

Making Me Happy:  Lots of little things:  the hamster sticking his nose out when we come home at night, our new couch which is sooooooo comfortable, Zambuk Cherry Lip Balm, tons of new music to listen to, the fact that there are slight less road works on my way to work and banana and cinnamon on toast!

1 comment:

  1. Dr Sheldon Cooper Rules!!!! What a pain in the you know what!

    ReplyDelete