Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Genevieve Motley Jewellery

Some people have a weakness for shoes, other people for handbags but my weakness is jewellery.   Not the super fancy pants stuff covered in jewels, but rather the quirky, the unusual and the nerd inspired.  Some of my favourite jewellery in the world comes from the very talented Genevieve Motley.  Her pieces are mainly Perspex and wood and super affordable, all of which really appeal to me.  I have a weakness for the lines and colours of Perspex.  Also it’s fairly hardy and quite difficult for a clumsy, uncoordinated person like me to damage. 
 
I bought these black Perspex swallow earrings at my very first I Heart Market at the end of 2009 and it’s not an exaggeration to say that I wear them almost every day.  They go with everything and I still get so many compliments on them:


I started investigating her range a bit more and found that so many of her themes are things I love: Birdies, Anchors and Bunnies.  Before I knew it, I had bought this ring with the three little birds:


And this necklace with the anchor:


When I was searching for a 21st gift for my cousin, the first thing that came to mind was a piece of Genevieve Motley jewellery.  Not only is she a Durban designer (and my cousin loves Durban) but her new geometric range is to die for.  I ended up buying this awesome necklace for my cousin:


I’ll be honest and admit that I had some serious trouble parting with it!  It’s definitely on my wish list:)    I also ended up getting this anchor ring for myself:


You can see more of her range on her website or, if you are in Durban, you can check out her shop inside Mooi in Bulwer Road.

PS.   I wrote this purely because I love the jewellery not because I was given cash monies or anything. 

2 comments:

  1. ah how sweet are you! Thank you for all the support! I've opened a shop in toti, you must come visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Thank you so much for the comment:)
      I will definitely check out the Toti shop!

      Delete