Sunday, August 26, 2012

Things I Love #15


I can't believe that we are heading into the last week of August.  Next week Saturday will officially be Spring here in Durban but considering the fact that it was 40 degrees outside yesterday and we spent this morning on the beach, you'd think it was here already!  Which brings me to the first item on the list:

Spending the morning on the beach.  We only live about 3 km's from the main beach in Durban but we never seem to get there.  This morning we up early(ish) and we decided to make the most of it!  


Lego birds by Thomas Poulsom.  I think these are really great and if you agree, you can support him here and hopefully, Lego will make them into an official set!


Ever wondered what Pokemon would look like if Tim Burton created them?  Click here to find out.

This Sharky Floating Tea Egg is amazing.  Definitely earned a spot on my wishlist!

source

These Dough Portraits by Soren Dahlgaard are weirdly amusing.

I'd love to be able to visit this Confessions exhibition by Candy Chang.  Luckily there is an equally intriguing exhibition at the KZNSA called You and Me.  Local artist Skullboy has collected stories of people's first times and converted them into artworks.  You can check out the tumblr devoted to the project here.

These vintage photos of tattooed woman are amazing.  It must have taken real guts to be that tattooed in that day and age.  I can't help but admire them!

The Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab creates scents inspired by Labyrinth, Neil Gaiman and Hellboy.  Sounds pretty awesome to me.

After hearing my brother raving about Infamous, I have finally started playing it myself.  I have to admit that his hype was totally justified.  


American photographer Camille Seaman takes the most stunning pictures of dying icebergs and dramatic clouds.  I don't know about you but pictures like this leave me slightly in awe of nature.

I am pretty much in love with these Star Wars talking plushies...so cute!  Out of all of them, I would choose Chewy.

source
Have you heard of Dog Shaming?  Before you get tense though, it's just some guilty looking pups posing with signs confessing their sins.  Having had some naughty dogs of my own, I am very familiar with some of those faces...and their crimes.

Aurora Jungle Juice is a cocktail that glows pink and aquamarine under a black light.  Kind of like the Aurora Borealis.

The Daily Bunny has the cutest slow motion bunny flop you ever did see.

My copy of The Bell Jar has finally arrived and I can't wait to start reading it.  Just as soon as I finish reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay (finally)!


Another thing on my wishlist?  These super cool Adventure Time Mimobot flash drives.  Pity there isn't a Marceline one though...

And lastly, I had a prawn sushi salad for lunch on friday.  It was amazing!


Seen anything you love?  Feel free to share:)

No comments:

Post a Comment