Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Currently...


I've said it before but I will say it again, I am a huge fan of the Currently posts over on Sometimes Sweet.  It's such a fun way to record where you are at a particular point in time.  So, currently I am:

Watching:  Arrow.  I have been totally sucked into this series and for once, we are only a week or two behind the rest of the world…that’s pretty much a miracle!  Anyway, I only really got introduced to the Green Arrow last year sometime and grew surprising fond of him.  I am curious to see where this series goes…

Listening to:  The new Deftones album Koi No Yokan is being streamed online and it’s so, so good.  Deftones are one of my perennial favourites so it’s always good to hear new stuff from them.  I have also had the first two Conventional Weapons (MCR) tracks on repeat and every single Rise Against album I own.  Excited much?

Planning:  A girly excursion to eat cake and watch Breaking Dawn 2.  Twilight is like my guilty pleasure.  I never planned on getting so sucked into the series but once I started reading, I couldn’t stop.   Anyway, it’s always nice to catch these things with like-minded friends rather than drag the husband out to see a movie that makes him roll his eyes at me:)

Thinking about:  I have been thinking a lot about my little blog and where I’d like it to go in the new year.  I have plenty of ideas I just hope I will be able to put them into practice.  I can’t believe that in just over a month, I will have been blogging for a year!  Maybe it sounds odd but it took me a while to work up the nerve to start a blog in the first place and I am so glad that I did!

Looking forward to:  December leave.  It may not even be the middle of November yet but I am already counting down the days to my December leave.  I have one month and seven days to go in case you were wondering!  I am also looking forward to Wakaberry releasing their Red Velvet and Peanut Butter flavours this week and of course Rise Against but that is many months away still...

Reading:  1Q84.  I love Murakami and even though this book hasn’t gotten the best of reviews, I am really enjoying it.  Yes there are some slow spots but overall the story is intriguing and weird enough to keep you reading.  Right now its getting stranger by the minute and I can’t even begin to guess how it might end!

Making me happy:  Half-price jewellery sales, pretty new dresses (even though I am absolutely NOT a dress person), letting of go of silliness, Rise Against tickets sitting safely in my inbox, a sunny weekend in Durban at long last and all the pretty spring flowers.

P.S. If any of you out there celebrate Diwali, I wish you all a happy, happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment