Sunday, October 6, 2013

Things I Love #54


This time next week I'll officially be a 30 year old!!  I don't know how it snuck up on me so fast but suddenly, after months of waiting, my birthday is less than a week away!  Eek!  In some ways it feels like turning 30 is some of the best motivation I have ever had.  So many exciting things going on at the moment - birthdays, derby, French lessons and the fact that despite my stresses, I am doing consistently well at varsity makes me a happy girl!  Anyway, here's what I loved this week:

This game!!  We haven't actually played it yet but all information points towards awesome:


I love these nesting dolls inspired by video game characters, especially the Super Mario Bros one.


Hello Kitty contacts anyone?  Not so sure about these actually...

My desk needs these Sushi Memo Blocks ASAP.  I think I'd develop a permanent sushi craving though...


DC vs Marvel Roller Derby art by Kevin Bolk.  These are so super cool!

Dr Lukas Brezak has some of the best skull artwork I have ever seen.  The rest of his stuff is pretty impressive as well.

Mailbooks for Good is possibly one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a while.  


Speaking of Halloween, check out Guillermo Del Toro's intro to The Simpsons Tree House of Horror:



And in case you are wondering about all the references, someone has sorted that out for us.  Check out the video here.

If Halloween was a bigger thing in South Africa, I would totally make this googly eye wreath for our door.  In fact I might just do it anyway.

I'd also be taking the lazy route and opting for either this Peppermint Butler dress, this Jake the Dog dress, this Fionna Hooded dress or this Nightmare Before Christmas Sally dress.

And lastly, Pixar's 22 rules of story telling are full of good advice!

Seen anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment