Sunday, July 21, 2013

Things I Love #43


Growing up I was completely anti team sports.  I rode horses and I swam and I was good at those things because it was just me.  I was just too shy to really interact with a team.  Today, I went to buy myself a helmet and skate padding to go with my shiny new skates because I think I have finally found a team sport that I could get into.  It's early days still but so far, I am loving being on skates and I am loving the idea of roller derby.  Now, moving on to other things I love:

Am I too old for a R2-D2 princess dress? Possibly but it's still very cool.

Look at this Lumpy Space Princess Tutu from We Love Fine.  I'd never wear it but it's still pretty to look at.

Also in Adventure Time, Is BMO a Third-Wave Feminist? Super interesting video about all the different things BMO means:



I just love these Macarbre Gadget Skull rings...I'll take one of each please!

If, like me, you were wishing you were at the San Diego Comic Con then check out the round ups on The Mary Sue for Day One, Day Two and Day Three.

Speak, Memory.  A very interesting read from The New York Review of Books about real vs invented memories.

14 Things You Didn't Know About Neil Gaiman.  I only knew one of these... 

I don't wear heels but these Batman Heels with Swarovski Crystals and Glitter from Etsy might just change my mind.

Now these I might be more inclined to wear, LEGO Building Brick Slippers from Think Geek:

source

Henry Hargreaves has taken some interesting photos of what musicians order backstage.

This week there has been two awesome articles one on the NY Times and the other on Salon about creating characters. Definitely worth a read.

Something else worth a read is Jon Negroni's Pixar Theory.  I see some re-watching in my future...

I love this Cut Along the Dotted Line jewellery from Etsy seller lapinPetite.  Such a unique idea!

Periodic Tableware is a super awesome Kick Starter to create glassware based on the type of glass equipment used in labs.  Best part, its already fully funded.

A TED Talk that might turn every man who watches it into a feminist.  Worth the 20 mins it takes to watch.

And finally, here is an interesting article from the AV Club about The Art of Death in Superhero Comics.

See anything you love this week?  Let me know in the comments:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment