So one thing I can say about 2012 is that it's been a year full of new things - some of them good, some of them not so good. I thought I'd share a few of those new things here:
1) I blogged. For a whole year. This is a pretty big thing for me because, as I have mentioned before, I've always been very nervous about writing for any kind of audience. I took part in 30 Days of Lists, I was Geek of the Week on Chocolate & Cream Cake, I started my own feature and I even managed to finish the 5 Books I set for myself. I am full of ideas for 2013 and I am going to use my mini break to really plot them out. Stay tuned!
2) I joined a gym!! This is another huge one for me. I never played team sports and, aside from swimming, have a well documented disdain for public exercise. However, after failing at early morning yoga and breaking my stepper, I was left with no choice but to join Curves! I can honestly say that it was a great experience. The branch I go to are super friendly and there is zero pressure to look great at gym. It's basically perfect for me.
3) I crashed the car...
4) And we bought a new one. Yup, that was my first accident in almost 8 years of driving. As bummed as I was to part with the old car, it was just the motivation we needed to upgrade to a bigger, more powerful car. It's also pretty much the best colour ever!
5) I studied. For the first time since varsity, I applied my mind and learnt a new skill namely Conceptual Writing for Brands. I learnt a lot, met some cool people and got great feedback on my writing abilities.
6) I got a hamster!! After years of mice, I switched to a different variety of rodent and I can honestly say that Rolo is an awesome dog substitute. He is so small but has so much character even though he can be a little savage!!
7) I made a Totoro plushie. Using a pattern I found online, I managed to make a passable version of Totoro!! He turned out quite well, even if I do say so myself. I hadn't sewed for years and I forgot how cool it is too make something from scratch like that. I am planning a Domo and a Pikachu in the very near future.
8) I visited a new province. In July my mom, dad and I took a roadtrip to Mpumalanga, place of poorly marked roads, tons of sugar cane and cute pups. It was great fun travelling with my folks, visiting with my cousins and seeing a new part of South Africa.
8) I discovered Wakaberry. Oh how I love frozen yoghurt!! That is all.
9) I finally went up the stadium. If you ask me, Moses Mabidha stadium is on of the coolest things to come from the 2010 Soccer World Cup. I love it so much. In February, my friend Sam and I took the Sky Car trip to the top. Highly recommended!
And that's just a small sample of what I got up too. In 2013 I am going to be a Maid of Honour for the first time, I have another tattoo lined up, Rise Against are coming, I'll have a junior technical writer assisting me at work and I am hoping to work up the nerve to try Roller Derby. Plus I'll be 30!! On paper it's looking like a good year already!